October 8, 2009

Culture Shock's a Pain.

In the words of a friend:

"I hate the shutters here. Shutters are supposed to be purely decorative."


I've got a bad case of the culture shock bug... hit a real low today and basically spent all day in bed. Everything's fine, it's all emotional, I'm just a giant sack of stress right now. Kind of got hit with the fact that it's going to be a long time before I'm stateside, and the idea of being this uncomfortable for that long is overwhelming, to say the least.

Leave some well wishes, I miss you all. Am currently planning a little family dinner tomorrow with some close friends to cheer me up. Comfort food and conversation, a time-honored remedy.

For now, music is a great help, it's my connection to home. Speaking of, how beautiful is this woman's voice?



Will write more soon, I know I promised to talk about classes, etc. I will do that. Maybe tomorrow. But goodnight, for now.

bryn.

2 comments:

  1. That is SOOOOOOO me you are quoting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah it totally is. You're just that cool.

    (Please follow my blog so I look more popular haha)

    ReplyDelete